AMS Elections is seeking motivated, excited students to maintain voting stations on campus throughout the election period, providing visibility and accessibility to students with the goal of encouraging students to vote. Poll Clerks will be responsible for managing voting stations at various sites around UBC, enforcing campaign regulations surrounding voting stations, and reporting any irregularities. Schedules will be very flexible to accommodate classes and schoolwork. Poll clerks are required to be impartial.
|Reports to:||Chief Returning Officer|
|Employee status:||Hourly, Student|
|Length of term:||January 27th – January 31st , 2014|
|Hours per week:||Varied depending on availability|
|Number of positions available:||6-8|
|Compensation:||$10.50 per hour|
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage voting stations
- Recognize and mediate voting irregularities
- Enforce campaign regulations at all times
- Safeguard electoral equipment
- Engage and draw potential voters
- Open and close voting stations
- Communicate technical difficulties
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be a currently registered UBC Student
- Cannot be a candidate in the Election
- Punctual and strong communication skills
- Enthusiastic about attracting voters and increasing voter turnout
- Dedication to maintaining non-partisanship during campaign and voting period
- Prior electoral experience is not required, but should be comfortable engaging with students and speaking with them
Days of employment will be January 27th to January 31st 2014 and shifts will be scheduled around classes. Please include availability for these days.
Please submit a resumé, cover letter and course schedule by e-mail, with the position title in the subject line, to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: Sunday, January 12th, 2014
Thank you for your interest at the AMS! Due to the large volume of resumes we receive at the AMS, we are only able to contact those we are interested in interviewing and cannot reply to email/phone/walk-in inquiries regarding application status.
The AMS is an equal opportunity employer.