Located inside The Pit Pub, the Burger Bar features quarter-pound patties and a different burger special everyday.
The Burger Bar has been a fixture on campus for almost 20 years. Featuring charbroiled quarter-pound patties and a different burger special every day, the Burger Bar is the perfect place to grab a quick bite between classes.
Think we’re only about burgers? Think again. Onion rings, Belgian fries, nachos, and beer battered fish and chips all help to round out this perfect snacking menu. And don’t forget about our Tuesday night wing special. At 35 cents a piece they go great with the Pit’s Toonie Tuesday special. Not quite 19? No problem. The Burger Bar has a take-out window located across from the Honour Roll to accommodate all of our younger customers.
The Five Most Popular Vegetarian Items at the Burger Bar Are:
- French fries
- Belgian fries
- Potato Skins
But we also offer great veggie burgers, onion rings, and mozzarella sticks!
The only vegan item at the Burger Bar is French fries, but all our fries are cooked in trans-fat free 100 per cent vegetable oil.
Top Five Customer Favourites:
- Poutine/large fries/Belgian fries
- Chicken wings
- Chicken strips
- Chicken burgers
- “The Daily Special” burgers and fries
$4.75 for a Buffalo Chicken Burger:
- $0.24 goes towards the charcoal used in barbequing all those burgers;
- $1.33 is used to pay the manager and student staff who take the orders, grill the burgers, do the food prep, and fill the fryers;
- $1.95 is the cost of providing char-broiled 1/4 pound burgers, fries, and a whole lotta’ chicken strips;
- $0.26 goes to the government for taxes;
- $0.72 goes to supporting AMS resource groups like Pride UBC and the Social Justice Centre.