Rules and Regulations
- In order to compete, a band must consist of at least one (1) permanent member who is a full-time student at the University of British Columbia. Please make sure to include the student number on your application.
- Last Band Standing 2016 is open to original bands of all genres. Priority goes to groups consisting of 3 or more members.
- All performers in Last Band Standing 2016 may belong to only one participating act.
- Six to twelve (6-12) acts will be selected from submitted applications to compete in the video process at The Pit. The video will be shot on February 26th or 27th. Each video will be uploaded to an AMS youtube account, and remains the property of AMS Events.
- Each band must be prepared to perform a 20-minute set comprised of at least 80% original material for the finals.
- To ensure an equal playing field, Last Band Standing 2016 will provide a competent sound and lighting engineer for each round. Bands will not be permitted to use their own sound and/or lighting technicians.
- Final will occur on March 10th 2016.
- Each participating band will receive 25 colour-specific flyers for the final performance in March. The band who has the most flyers returned at the door by fans (one flyer per fan), on their specific night of performance, will receive an extra 5 bonus points added to their total score.
- Band order on the night of the finals will be chosen by a random draw prior to sound check.
- Local industry representatives will be used to judge the final evening in order to prevent double-judging.
- Each participating act is permitted and encouraged to hand out promotional material on the evening of competition i.e. stickers, bios, etc.
- Voting will occur on the AMS Events Facebook page for selection of bands for the finale.
- Failure to comply with any of these regulations, or the demonstration of poor sportsmanship, at any point during Last Band Standing 2016, will result in an immediate disqualification. Points may also be deducted for failure to comply with any instructions given, including arriving on time for any ‘pre-show’ meeting.
Any questions may be directed to:
Asad Ali, AMS Programming and Events Coordinator @ email@example.com