Tanner Bokor, VP External
A little bit about me
- Faculty: Faculty of Arts (Intended Political Science)
- Year: 2nd Year
- Hometown: Monroe, Connecticut, USA
- Fun Fact: Played in a marching band in high school for four years.
- Twitter: @TBIRN176
Dear UBC Students,
It is an honour and pleasure to serve you as your 2013-2014 AMS Vice-President, External Affairs. As your VPX, I’m very excited to be working on behalf of all 48,000 UBC Vancouver students to represent your voice to outside groups such as:
- Different levels of government:
- and federal.
In my term, I plan to tackle a number of key issues important to students, including advocacy related towards constructing a rapid transit line to UBC. In order to do this, I will seek a new approach to campus engagement at UBC, finding new opportunities for students to voice their opinions on issues that matter to them, and giving them new mechanisms and tools to take action.
If you have any questions, would like to know more about what the VP External does, or if you’d like to get involved, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit my office in the SUB.
About my role representing UBC students
The Vice-President External Affairs is responsible for lobbying the municipal, provincial, and federal governments on behalf of the students of UBC Vancouver. The External Office advocates on such issues as public transit, post-secondary affordability and funding, immigration, and childcare, as well as responsible for administration of the U-Pass BC Program.
Key Projects for 2013/2014
- Get on Board: A coalition of student, business, environmental, labour and community groups campaigning for improvements to the transit system throughout Greater Vancouver. getonboardbc.ca
- Where’s The Funding: Vote Education Campaign: Advocating for reduced student loan interest rates, improved post secondary funding, and reformed student grants.
- U-Pass: Working to renew the U-Pass program via student referendum in the winter of 2013.