Joaquin Acevedo, VP Finance
A little bit about me
- Faculty and Program: Science, Cognitive Systems: Brain & Cognition
- Year of Study: 3
- Hometown: Guatemala/Scottsdale
- Funny Fact: I have a wide range of noises to express emotions.
Hi All! I’m excited to be serving as the AMS VP Finance this year! Since first year, I have been looking for ways to be involved on campus.
I started off at the Science Undergraduate Society and quickly joined other groups on campus such as the Residence Hall Association and UBC Orientations.
I am always open to hearing new ideas and suggestions, so please don’t hesitate to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or come by my office, SUB238M.
During my term, I will be focusing on improving the financial health of our Society. This includes performing a zero-based budgeting process and showing students the use and value of our fees in a creative manner.
Key Projects for 2013/2014
- AMS Lighter Footprint Strategy: Works with the Society’s businesses and SUB building and facility managers to implement
- Responsible for managing the AMS’ money, from preparing an annual budget and financial statements, to working with AMS staff, organizations, businesses, and services to monitor their spending.
- Chairs the Finance Commission, ensuring AMS clubs and constituencies submit annual financial reports, sits on the board of directors of CiTR