Who is eligible? All active AMS clubs. The club needs to have an approved budget and executive list, and not have defaulted on a loan within the past two years.
What can I use the CBF for? The CBF can only be used for one-time projects. Projects that occur on an annual or on-going basis should be factored into your club’s budget.
- Special projects related to your club’s academic interest area;
- Out-of-town conference fees/travel expenses (must be a conference attended by the majority of the club, not an individual delegate);
- Furniture/equipment purchases (eg. rugs, file cabinets, computers, audio-visual equipment). Please note that furnishings and equipment purchased shall be owned by the Society for the use of the club, and must be directly related to the club’s area of interest as stated in its constitution;
- Philanthropic activities;
- Other projects deemed worthy by the Finance Commission.
How much is the CBF worth? Up to $1500 per club, but cannot cover more than half the cost of the project. Clubs can receive a CBF grant a maximum of once per fiscal year (the AMS fiscal year runs from May 1 to April 30). Clubs must show that they have exhausted all sources of funding (i.e. personal contribution, sponsorship, fundraising, etc.).
When can I submit my application? Applications should be submitted at least three weeks prior to the date of the project. We cannot accept submissions for projects that have already occurred.
How do I apply? The application for CBF can be found online here. Please make sure to read all instructions on this page and in the application carefully.