Who is eligible? All active AMS clubs that meet Competitive Athletics qualifications, which are as follows:
1. The Team must compete on an elite level, within the CIS or sport-specific equivalent competitive college league, as approved by Fincom. If there is no sport-specific equivalently competitive league, the team must compete against other college or university teams or individuals
2. The team must compete representing the AMS of UBC, including that in their team name
The constituency needs to have an approved budget and executive list, and not have defaulted on a loan within the past two years.
What can I use the Competitive Athletics Fund for?
- Hosting a competitive athletics tournament at UBC;
- Attending as an AMS team at a competitive athletics tournament held elsewhere;
- Participating in an athletics-related, sport-specific activity (e.g., workshops; conditioning; coaching; practices; participation in sporting competitions by athletes representing UBC or the AMS on teams not fully sponsored by UBC Athletics);
- Purchasing of Athletics related equipment for a competitive team
- Renting sports facilities
- Other projects deemed worthy by the Finance Commission
How much is the CAF worth? Up to $3000 per club, but cannot cover more than half the cost of the project. Clubs can receive a CAF grant a maximum of once per fiscal year (the AMS fiscal year runs from May 1 to April 30). Clubs must show that they have exhausted all sources of funding (i.e. personal contribution, sponsorship, fundraising, etc.).
When can I submit my application? Applications should be submitted at least three weeks prior to the date of the project. We cannot accept submissions for projects that have already occurred.
How do I apply? The application for CAF can be found online here. Please make sure to read all instructions on this page and in the application carefully.