By registering for any of our courses, you are agreeing to the following refund policy:
Section 1 – Participant Contract
- It is understood that some course activities may require physical activity that could lead to personal injury. Therefore, I freely accept and fully assume all risks, dangers, and hazardsresulting from and hereby indemnify and save harmless AMS Minischool, the Alma MaterSociety from all expenses, fees, liability or damage award or cost of any type arising from myparticipation in AMS Minischool.
- It is further understood and agreed that for AMS Minischool courses (e.g. Beer Tasting, Wine Tasting Chocolate and Scotch Tasting, Tequila Education) where alcohol is consumed as an integral part of the curriculum I will not, under any circumstances, operate a motor vehicle following a session and agree to utilize alternative means of transportation. It is also understood and agreed that by registering in a course that includes the consumption of alcohol, I am of legal drinking age in the province of B.C., and will carry government-issued proof of age when participating in this course. In consideration of permitting me to participate, I hereby agree to this condition of registration.
- I understand that by submitting this form I am not guaranteed a space in any course, until this form is received by AMS staff, my fees are paid, and availability has been confirmed.
Section 2 – Cancellation Policy
- To request cancellation of registration, a Minischool participant must submit a cancellation request outlining the reasons for cancellation for consideration by the AMS Minischool coordinator via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- AMS Minischool shall not consider any cancellation requests unless it is justified by a medical emergency or an act of God with proper documentation. A $15 cancellation fee will be charged. Examples of cancellation requests that will not be considered include family vacation, work, extenuating financial circumstances or delayed alcohol-induced headache.
- All courses cancelled by AMS Minischool as subject to a full refund for all registrants. The cancellation fee shall be waived in these circumstances.
- All refunds will be credited back via the original means of payment. For Interac and cash payments, refunds will be available to pick-up from the AMS Administrative Office within two (2) business weeks after the refund request was made.
- The plea of failure to observe the aforementioned policy shall not be received.