AMS Volunteer Connect is an on-campus resource that can connect your organization to over 50,000 students at the University of British Columbia. In addition to our Volunteer Match consultation service, we also post opportunities located both on and off campus, as well as international volunteer organizations that are looking for student volunteers.
Looking to recruit motivated, responsible, and passionate volunteers for your organization? Organizations can get involved with AMS Volunteer Connect by:
- Becoming a member
- Promoting your organization at our Volunteer Opportunities Fair
Become a member with AMS Volunteer Connect! Joining our ever increasing membership is an excellent way to engage a diverse range of student talent, increase your organization’s visibility, and recruit volunteers directly from thousands of student leaders on UBC Vancouver Campus. AMS Volunteer Connect makes hundreds of successful placements each term, and we are always keen to hear from potential members.
Note: The membership fee may be waived for qualifying organizations. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Unlimited volunteer recruitment postings on our campus-wide database, which is viewed by 15,000 – 16,000 students each month!
- Promotion of your organization to students through one-on-one student consultations, information sessions at campus fairs, and posters in our public display in the high-traffic Student Union Building
- 50% discount off the daily booth fee at our semi-annual Volunteer Opportunities Fair, which is attended by 5000 – 6000 students per day
- Priority booking for Volunteer Opportunities Fair, and extended deadlines which will ensure you never get left without a table!
How to post on our database:
AMS Volunteer Connect Members can post to our website and database by simply sending an email to email@example.com containing the following information:
- Brief organization profile
- Position title
- Position description
- Hours per week expected
- Skills or opportunities that can be obtained through this position
- Application instructions (please attach specific instructions if relevant). Applicants may also send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Optional) Preferred major or area of study
Feel free to attach any relevant documents in your email (eg. application form, event posters). Please note that only supplementary materials in PDF or Word (.docx) form will be accepted.
Our next Volunteer Opportunities Fair will be held on March 28th, 2013. If you are interested in attending the fair, please refer to the Volunteer Fair Registration Form.
Date: March 28, 2013
Location: Student Union Building (Main Concourse)
Time: 10:00am – 4pm
Registration Deadline: March 12th, 2013
|Members||Organizations with membership||$20.00/day|
|Non-Members||Organizations without membership and register before deadline March 12th, 2013||$50.00/day|
|Organizations without membership and register before February 18th, 2013||$35.00/day|
Note: The fair registration fee may be waived for qualifying organizations. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Please note that booth vacancies are offered on a first-come first-served basis, although priority is given to current members. Owing to the popularity of our Volunteer Fair, all interested organizations are strongly advised to submit an application as soon as possible.
More information regarding venue description, equipment rentals, and directions will be posted closer to the registration deadline.