AMS Nest 3107C
|Hours of Operation|
|AMS Nest 1314|
You don’t have to walk alone.
Safewalk is a pretty simple concept, but a great service for UBC students. UBC is big (really, really big) and you’re going to end up walking across it a lot. If you’re not comfortable with doing that alone, Safewalk can help you. However, Safewalk reserves the right to refuse service if:
- You appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol and cannot care for yourself
- There are concerns about the safety of our personnel or equipment
- You are travelling in a group of 2 or more to the same destination
Call them at 604.822.5355!
They’ll send you a co-ed team of walkers to accompany you to your destination.
Otherwise, they’re a visible safety presence on campus. They give out whistles, safety cards, and information on being safe. They work closely with campus security and RCMP, and they’re easy to spot! Look for the red jacket and flashlight and clipboard.
If you need a walk:
- Call them! (604.822.5355)
- Use a UBC Blue Phone and ask for Safewalk
- Talk to them, they’re out and about
- Come by the office, next to AMS Security Office 1314
In partnership with UBC, Safewalk has installed a total of 28 HUBS on the UBC Vancouver Campus. These safe, well-lit areas where you can wait while the teams are enroute! Just call and let us know the HUB number for the team to pick you up at!
Find an error with the HUB listings? Want to report a HUB maintenance issue? Click HERE
Safety Resources on Campus
If Safewalk’s not operating, please contact these people. They’re great.
- Non-Emergency: 604.822.2222
- Emergency: 911
- Non-Emergency: 604.224.1322