The next AMS General Elections will be held: March 2017
Want to run for an AMS Executive position?
Positions include: President, Vice-President Academic & University Affairs, Vice-President Administration, Vice-President Finance, and Vice-President External Affairs.
Running for Executive
All candidates must:
- be an AMS member (i.e., a student at UBC Vancouver or one of the affiliated colleges, such as Regent or VST);
- submit a nomination form signed by 50 other AMS members to the Administrative Assistant by the deadline established by the Elections Committee;
- attend the All-Candidates Meeting (an information session).
Candidates will also:
- be interviewed by the Ubyssey for the Elections Supplement;
- take part in All-Candidates Forums (debates).
General Campaign Rules
- all campaigning material must be approved by the Elections Committee;
- candidates are not to start campaigning until the start of the Official Campaign Period;
- candidates must not exceed the spending limit set by the Elections Committee;
- candidates are entitled to reimbursements up to the limit set by the Elections Committee if they receive a high enough percentage of the vote;
- candidates must not run in “slates,” i.e., groups, but are allowed to endorse each other.
For more information or to get answers to any questions you might have, contact the Elections Administrator.