AMS Sustainability Projects Fund
Submit your funding application to be considered in our next meeting on April 26th, 2017. The deadline for applications is April 17th, 2017. Applications are accepted all year on a monthly basis.
There is one meeting held in the summer period. As for the academic year, there are monthly SPF meetings to review your applications.
For the 2016 winter semester we will only be accepting applications for funding under $5000.
*Please note that the evaluation criteria and the application were reviewed and updated by the SPF Committee, and going forward only projects in line with the new documents below will be accepted.
The AMS Sustainability Projects Fund (SPF) was established in September 2011, when UBC students passed a successful referendum to support student-initiated sustainability projects, through a $2.25 per student fee each year. The SPF encourages an environmentally conscious culture, by funding student-led projects that reduce the ecological footprint of UBC students and their campus. In the past, we have funded projects for as much as $10,000! Any UBC student is more than welcome to apply.
If you have something in mind, drop us a line by filling out the form in the sidebar, and, after we get in contact with you (which is very soon), you can check out the checklist and documents needed to apply for funding down below.
- Please read the SPF Guide and the SPF Policy 2017 document thoroughly.
- All new proposals: please download the new Application Form for submission. All returning projects: please download the new Resubmission Application Form for submission.
- Please be very descriptive with your budget items. Here is an example of a bad budget, and here is a good one.
- If the project involves modifying the physical environment of the campus or working with a campus resource, please download the Approval Form and have it signed by all project stakeholders, ready to attach to your submission
- If your project is the result of a particular program at UBC, please indicate so in your application form to lend your application even stranger credibility. We are particularly familiar with and welcome projects submitted from the SEEDS program, Common Energy committees, the Sustainability Ambassador Peer program and the Undergraduate Research Opportunities program.
- Last but not least, submit the application by emailing all required forms to the Sustainability Funds Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the Sustainability Funds Administrator at email@example.com with any questions about the application process or the fund!