CiTR Board of Directors
Terms of Reference
From the CiTR (Student Radio Society) Constitution:
BY-LAW 4: BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- POWERS AND DUTIES: Subject to the By-Laws, the management, administration, control of property,
revenue, business and affairs of the Society are vested in the Board. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Board:
- a. shall be the sole official body representing the Society;
- b. shall meet no less than three (3) times per year;
- c. may create any committees to assist it in its duties;
- d. may make such rules and regulations as may be considered necessary for the Society, provided that such rules and regulations are consistent with the Constitution and the By-Laws;
- e. shall, upon the recommendation of the Executive approve all policies of the Radio Station;
- f. shall not delegate any of its powers and duties except as provided in the By-Laws; and
- g. shall approve the budget of the Society in accordance with By-Law 5.
- a. In the event that an individual becomes a Director of the Board, and is not yet a Member of the Society, he or she shall become a Member without being required to pay a membership fee.
- b. The Directors of the Board shall be:
- i. Two (2) Students who are Canadian citizens, chosen by and from the Student Council of
AMS, to represent AMS;
- ii. One (1) representative who is a Canadian citizen, chosen by the Student Council of AMS,
to represent AMS;
- iii. Two (2) Students who are Voting Members of the Society and are Canadian citizens,
chosen by and from the Executive , to represent the Executive;
- iv. Two (2) representatives of the Administration who are Canadian citizens, chosen by and
from the Administration, to represent UBC; and
- v. Two (2) representatives of the Community who are Canadian citizens, chosen by the
incoming Board, to represent the Community;
- vi. Two (2) representatives who are Members of the Society and are Canadian citizens,
elected by the Members of the Society at the annual general meeting, to represent the
Members as a group.
- TERM OF OFFICE
- a. The AMS and Executive Student representatives on the Board shall be appointed for a term of
one (1) year.
- b. The Members’ representatives and AMS at-large representative shall be appointed for a term of two (2) years.
- c. The Administration representatives and Community representatives to the Board shall be
appointed to for a term of three (3) years.
- d. Appointments to the Board shall be concluded prior to the end of April in each year.
- e. In the event of a vacancy, the Board shall
- i. Inform the represented group of the need for new board Directors, or
- ii. Appoint a Director at the next opportune time
To Learn more about CiTR, visit their website.