Complete the below form to opt-out of the Resource Group Fee ($1.76) and the Arts and Culture Performance Fee ($2.50).
Deadlines to apply
- Summer term 1 opt out closes in June 11, 2020
- Summer term 2 opt out closes in August 6, 2020
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
What it means to Opt Out of the resource group fee:
The Resource Groups fee funds the Resource Groups, consisting of Pride, the Women’s Centre, the Social Justice Centre, the Student Environment Centre, and Colour Connected. These are student-run, grassroot groups that work on and inform students about important social issues, as well as providing safe spaces for marginalized people.
The top six reasons why you should reconsider opting out of the Resource Groups fee:
- Your $1.76 goes towards events, peer support, safe spaces, and free food for all students.
- These events and spaces are open to you, and you are welcome to receive services worth more than $1.76 if you stop by.
- The groups here are fighting against racism, misogyny, imperialism, homophobia, queer- and transphobia, ableism and exploitation of animals, and fighting for the environment and affordable education. These struggles against social injustice educate and bring together students on campus as well as the wider community.
- Everyone is welcome to join these groups and develop their skills planning events, organizing spaces, making art, etc.
- The groups here are doing work on issues that are often underfunded, so your $1.76 counts for a lot.
- The Resource Groups are a great space to make supportive friends! Feel free to contact us for more information about what we do. Should you choose to opt out, you can still use the space and come to our events.
Feel free to contact the resource groups for more information about what we do. Should you choose to opt-out, you can still use the space and go to their events.