AMS COVID-19 Update March 23
UPDATE March 23 – 10:30AM
The AMS is still providing some services we feel are essential in support of the UBC community.
AMS Food Bank
- The AMS Food Bank will only be accessible by the door next to the Bike Kitchen, on the southwest side of the building.
- This door does not have an accessibility ramp. For those who have accessibility needs or having trouble finding the door, please call the Food Bank at 604 822-2371 a few minutes before arriving so we can help.
- Food Bank hours have been slightly adjusted from 10 AM – 2 PM on Mondays, and 1 PM to 5 PM on Thursdays.
- Following precautions on social distancing and cleaning, we will be allowing only 1 client at a time into the Food Bank. We also ask those waiting to get into the Food bank line-up 2 metres apart from each other.
- The SASC is continuing to support survivors by being on-call for crisis support and offering scheduled appointments over the phone.
- SASC is no longer able to provide hospital accompaniments at the time. Survivors are encouraged to still call if they are interested in access the Sexual Assault Service so staff can provide you with the most up-to-date information.
- To access on-call support or phone appointments please call us at 604-827-5180 or email email@example.com. We will continue to be available Monday-Friday from 8am-10pm and Saturday & Sunday 11am-7pm.
- The SASC’s in-person services and events will be temporarily suspended during the Nest Closure.
- While the AMS offices are closed club reimbursements will be done through Electronic Funds Transfer. Complete the form and email it to AMS VP of Finance at VPfinance@ams.ubc.ca
- Grocery Check-Out is open for business. Customers can access the store via their outside entrance located on the east side of the building. For more information call (778) 654-4900.
- There is no entrance into the NEST through the store, their interior door will remained closed.
UBC has great information on their site as well.