Concerned About Returning to Campus?
On March 8th Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonny Henry advised BC universities and colleges to begin preparations for a full opening of campus starting this fall. While we recognize this announcement is exciting news for many students, we also recognize this news may be a cause of stress and concern for many others.
Regardless of a student’s personal situation the AMS is seeking assurances from UBC that all students are safe and supported in an equitable manner when classes resume in September..
We will be calling on the University to implement:
- The expansion of the Rapid Testing Program
- The creation of a Vaccination Clinic on Campus
- A Centralized Feedback Mechanism to Support Students and Faculty Who Are Not Able to Return In Person or may not be comfortable
- Financial Relief for International Student Self Isolation Expenses
- Additional Supports for International Students Requiring Visa Processing
- Lecture Recording in the Classroom Post-Pandemic
If you have concerns or comments about this announcement we want to hear from you. You can use the feedback form below or you can contact the AMS President firstname.lastname@example.org or AMS VP Academic email@example.com directly.
Your Alma Mater Society