Simple Recipes with Vishwa – Chicken Curry
Follow Vishwa in creating one of his favourite curries with simple ingredients, mixing it with chicken this time. Filled with beautiful spices like chili, coriander, and turmeric, this recipe is going to be a family favourite.
Full recipe below
- Chicken whole 1 ea
- Oil 8 tbsp
- Cumin seed ½ tsp
- Onion Red large 1 ea
- Tomato Whole large 2 ea
- Ginger Garlic Paste 2 tbsp
- Chili Powder 2 tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder ½ tsp
- Water As required to re hydrate
- Salt to taste
- Garam Masala 1 tsp
For marinating Chicken:
- Yoghurt 4 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste ½ tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice ½ lemon
Optional : Coriander leaves, Kasoori Methi, potato, vegetables, fresh ginger, green chilies
- De bone the chicken.
- Chop red onion, tomatoes, make ginger garlic paste.
- Heat oil, add cumin seed. When crackle add red onion, cook till golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste, cook for 2-3 min.
- Add chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and mix well. Add ¼ cup of water to bring the temperature down.
- When water evaporate, add tomatoes and cook till it’s soft and mushy.
- Increase the heat to max, Add the chicken and sauté for about 3-4 min. it will start to release its juices.
- Reduce the heat to medium to low, Cover and coo till chicken is tender. Keep stirring in between.
- Finish with garam masala and other optional items.