Simple Recipes with Vishwa – Homemade Meatballs
Since we are social distancing, why not polish up on our cooking skills with the ingredients we have at home? From home-made meatballs to stews and curry, Vishwa Mohan our very own Chef De Cuisine for the AMS and Nest Catering will be sharing some of his favourite recipes to create simple and nutritious meals.
You can also email him for any cooking & recipe related questions at ChefdeCuisine@ams.ubc.ca.
Watch now to learn how YOU can use simple ingredients in your kitchen to create amazing meatballs!
Here is the recipe:
- 1lb Ground Beef (or your favourite ground meat)
- 2ea Large Egg
- 1-2strip Bacon
- 100gm Grated Parmesan
- 50gm Sun dried tomatoes
- 10 leaves Fresh Basil (or tbsp. dried Basil)
- To taste Salt and pepper
- 1 bottle Pasta sauce
- For searing Olive oil (substitute Canola oil if needed)
- Other ingredients could be used: Onion powder, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Beef Fat, Dried Herbs
- Chop Tomato, basil, & bacon
- Grate the parmesan
- Mix all the ingredients together, thoroughly
- Wet your hands and shape the meat balls
- Heat oil in a pan, sear the meat balls to golden on 3-4 sides. About 3-5 minutes
- Add pasta sauce, cover and cook on low-med heat for 20 min
- Serve with pasta or garlic bread
Tags: cooking, food, recipe, student life, vishwa