Simple Recipes with Vishwa – Roti
Using only two ingredients Roti is delicious and it couldn’t be easier for a student to make. AMS Chef de Cuisine shows you how you can make this tasty Indian flat-bread at home in under an hour.
Full recipe below
- 2 Cup Whole wheat Flour, plus extra for shaping
- 1 Cup Water
- Mix flour and water together to make dough. Be sure all the flour is fully incorporated.
- Once the dough is mixed let it rest for 5 min.
- Knead the dough again until it’s nice and smooth.
- Rest for another 5 min.
- On a clean countertop, sprinkle some flour and work with the dough on it.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and make into smooth balls.
- In another container add in some more flour.
- Press the dough ball in the container to coat it with flour and place it on the counter.
- Using a rolling pin roll the dough into a circle.
- Roll on one side, flip and roll again on other side in opposite direction.
- Dip in the flour again and finish rolling till you get desired size.
- Heat a dry pan (no oil) over medium heat and cook from one side for 30 sec, flip and cook on other side for 30 sec, flip again for 30 sec to finish cooking.
- Press gently for faster and more even cooking.
Optional: If you’d like a bit more flavour add some oil or butter to the roti while it’s frying.
Back to stories