Peer Support provides free, confidential, one-on-one peer support for UBC students and staff facing a wide variety of challenges.
COVID-19 Update - April 15th
AMS Peer Support is now available online via Zoom. Please visit calendly.com/speakeasyvice to book a session between 11 AM – 5 PM, from April 15-24th, and a trained peer support volunteer will be available to facilitate your online session. Follow the steps below to book a session:
1) Go to calendly.com/speakeasyvice and click “Online Peer Support Session”
2) Select a date and time that works for you
3) Enter your name, email and student number (please note: if you prefer to stay anonymous, please use an alternate name and email – you can use https://temp-mail.org/ to create a temporary e-mail)
4) On the confirmation page, you will be asked to fill out a confidentiality policy agreement
5) Lastly, you will be sent an email with the online Peer Support event details and Zoom link.
In response to the recent developments with COVID-19, Speakeasy & Vice will be closed until further notice. Please refer to the following resources for Support:
- CRISIS CENTRE
Confidential, non-judgmental, free emotional support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair. Available 24/7 and in over 140 languages.
Greater Vancouver: 604-872-3311
- Student Health Services
2211 Wesbrook Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 2A1
Drop-in Sessions & appointmentS
To make use of this great service, drop by the Speakeasy reception desk on the 3rd floor of the AMS Nest, down the hallway from SASC, in room 3125. Or, book an appointment online by visiting: calendly.com/speakeasyvice. All sessions are held in a private setting and are strictly confidential.
Drop-in sessions and appointments take place with our Peer Support volunteers. They are highly trained in active listening skills, offering referrals and general mental health competency to support students and faculty members on a wide variety of issues. Volunteers are also prepared to enact emergency procedures if necessary to ensure safety of students using the service.
Joining the Speakeasy team
Speakeasy is no longer hiring volunteers for the 2019-2020 academic year! If you’re interested in joining the team for our 2020-2021 term, please email email@example.com and you will receive application information.